Human hair wig units are different from our natural hair, they can't get nutrition from the body, so they have the tendency to become dried out and brittle after some time, specially to withstand exposure to heating rods and irons, which is why if you plan on wearing them regularly you need to know how to restore them and make them appear soft and natural again.
Here is a simply wig care routine that you can follow to restore your human hair wig soft again.
- Firstly, use a comb to take out any tangles in your wig so that it is easier to apply products on it. Click here to get details about how to detangle human hair wigs.
- Just as natural hair oils can make your hair shiny and smooth, they can work well on wig units as well. Argan oil is a great option for restoring human hair wigs. Just take argan hair on to your hands and apply it along the entire length of the wig. You can use a comb afterward to ensure that every strand of hair is covered in oil evenly.
- After oiling the unit, wash it with a moisturizing shampoo. A moisturizing shampoo is really important as it prevents the hair from drying out further and makes it shinier and softer. While washing the hair, use your fingers to really pass through the tresses so that the shampoo reaches every part of the hair and is cleaned evenly.
- After washing with shampoo, apply conditioner along the entire length of the wig’s strands, and apply a slightly larger amount at the tips as they are the parts that dry out first. After leaving the conditioner in for a few minutes, wash it out.
- Put your wet wig on a mannequin to dry it out. After it has stopped dripping water, apply a good heat protection spray on the hair, and then use a hairdryer on low power to dry the wig completely.
If you have any other questions on how to restore your human hair wigs or require any other wig wisdom, contact our super friendly and knowledgeable team who are here to help you with anything you may need: email@example.com